June 6 2018
Brick by brick, we're building a much needed vocational training center as part of a larger health clinic in the Indian state of Jharkhand. Please join us! In Jharkhand — often called “the land ...
Karuna-Shechen has expanded our successful Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) Program in an effort to further improve reproductive and maternal health in rural Nepal.
POP is a painful and sometimes fatal condition caused by repeated pregnancies followed by improper post-partum care and rest. It affects nearly 25% of all rural Nepalese women, but remains a taboo subject in patriarchal societies.
Karuna-Shechen presently works with four local NGOs and our programs reach more than 82,200 rural women across five districts of Nepal: Dhanusha, Surkhet, Baglung, Morang and Sunsari.
In 2014, our extensive outreach health education and prevention program had achieved major accomplishments:
– 82, 267 people benefited from our various POP related activities.
– 247 health workers were trained.
– 11 screening camps organized.
– 21 schools trained in POP awareness education.
– 31 community councils established.
– 404 individual households visited.
– 8 Street dramas presented at large festivals and markets to raise awareness.
A SUSTAINABLE AND LASTING IMPACT Your recurring monthly donations make a sustainable and lasting impact on the lives of thousands of vulnerable people in India, Nepal, and Tibet, and provide us wit...